Intense Pulsed Light (IPL/BBL Photorejuvenation)
- Fine Wrinkles
- Age Spots
- Small Facial Veins
- Brown/Red Spots
- Birth Marks
- Enlarged Pores
- Burn Erythema
How Does It Work?
The light energy delivered by the IPL/BBL will gently heat up the upper layers of your skin. The heat absorbed by the targeted areas will stimulate your skin cells to generate new collagen. This will help restore your skin to its natural beauty, blending its natural colors and making it smoother, vibrant and younger looking. In addition the photothermal energy will target and eliminate many of the fine vessels that cause redness and the unwanted melanin responsible for pigmented lesions.
What Areas Can Be Treated?
- Fine wrinkles, Age spots, Small facial veins (telangiectasia), Rosacea Redness and flushing Solar lentigines (freckles), Cafe’ Au Lait maculae Brown spots, birth marks, Port wine stains, Red spots (hemangiomas), Enlarged pores, Poikiloderma, Burn Erythema, Hyperpigmentation.
What To Expect
- You may experience some redness that should resolve within a few hours. For some pigmented lesions you will see a darkening of the treated areas followed by fading and flaking off at a later stage. Your treated skin will feel smoother, fine wrinkles and pores will be less noticeable, and sun spots or uneven pigmentation will fade. Results depend on your condition, the number of treatments, and the area treated. Your physician will provide you with complete information about the post treatment care and results.
- From 2 to 5 treatments, at 2-4 weeks interval, will produce the desired results. You may benefit from additional treatments depending on the severity of your condition.
- This is a non-invasive and gentle procedure with virtually no down-time. In most cases you will be able to return to work, apply makeup, and resume most of your activities right away.
Check out this procedure with Dr. Michael Lin!
Patient wants to get fresh, glowing skin. Getting rid of pigmentation and creating collagen production.
For starters, an IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) therapy is used to treat sun damage, wrinkles, stretch marks and age spots. IPL is also known as photorejuvenation or photofacial. Treatments are performed at med spas and doctor’s offices and can be used to erase mild sun damage, brown spots, freckles or irregular pigmentation on the face, neck, or even chest.
Alternatively, IPL treatments can also be used for hair reduction but multiple treatments may be necessary. However, the benefits are worth every penny, so long as they are performed by a licensed and experienced skin care specialist. Get an IPL Photofacial today and never look back!
“I had a great experience with Tessie the NP and Dr. Lin. I’ve had some skin rashes for a while and they were getting worse. The NP took the time to listen, gave me her suggestions, biopsies one of the rashes and for my piece of mind, she got the doctor to come in and give his second opinion. The two ladies who roomed me were super nice, I think their names were Maria and the other one fransisca. I will be back for cosmetic procedures!”
– M. M. / Yelp /Feb 14, 2020
“Dr.Lin runs an amazing office with amazing staff! He is so sweet and treats his patients with such care, he doesn’t rush you in and out, he will sit and conversation about any issue you have! Best dermatology office I’ve ever been to!!”
– F. S. / Yelp / Feb 3, 2020
“Wow, what a beautiful office! Dr. Lin is so wonderful, kind, and attentive to my needs. I received Botox and microneedling from the PA and it was the easiest, stress free session I’ve ever experienced. I felt comfortable and attended to, will definitely be coming back!“
– A. P. / Yelp / March 11, 2020
“I’ve been coming to Dr. Lin for a decade, he is just amazing!!! I have tried Botox, Sculptra and Juvederm fillers and i just love how he sculptured my face the way I wanted. The result is he took years off my face. He doesn’t oversell his services and all the cost is upfront. I highly recommend Dr. Lin and I can’t ask for more“
– T. / Yelp / April 8, 2019
Meet Dr. Michael Lin, Founder of The Advanced Dermatology and Skin Cancer Institute
Dr. Lin is a board-certified dermatologist and fellow of the American Society for Mohs Surgery with almost 20 years of experience. In 2021, Dr. Lin became one of the first Mohs surgeons to achieve Board certification through the American Board of Dermatology Subspecialty in Micrographic Dermatologic Surgery, the highest level of distinction in dermatologic surgery. He has performed over 10,000 Mohs surgery cases and works with Plastic Surgeons to make sure you have the best cosmetic results possible. We perform the procedure in the clinic and in our AAAASF-accredited and Medicare-certified surgery center. We have the capability to perform the procedure under local anesthesia, conscious sedation, or general anesthesia.